April 10, 2016 Big Day Tomorrow

April 10, 2016 Big Day Tomorrow

We arrived home yesterday from Arizona. It was a nice relaxing trip. One that I feel allowed the kids to enjoy and have fun before things begin to change a bit more here at home.

Tomorrow will be a big day of testings’. I am very thankful Lenny is able to work from Colorado these next few weeks. He would have still been in Arizona. Tomorrow, I will meet with my medical oncologist, my general surgeon, and I will have a mammogram, a MRI, chest-xray, and additional labs done. I am thankful they were able to combine so much in one visit saving me additional drives down.

I still have not received the results back from the genetic testings. After waiting two weeks and calling my doctors office to follow-up, I received a voicemail stating they will call when the results are in.

I continue to feel that this whole diagnosis isn’t real. I look at random people everywhere, especially older people and just wonder what their life story entails. If possibly they have gone through major health battles or if they have lived a long healthy life. I look at people who aren’t visibly healthy and wonder what kind of lives they may be leading and if they have taking any steps to change. I know this cancer is something I cant just change myself. I am going to be relying on the medical field and doctors. As I read my new “Breast Book” bible the steps I can take to help my own health is exercise and diet. These two things have always been important to me. I feel I have incorporated both exercise and a healthy diet for many years. I also have taken up using essentials oils a year ago, and love reading on the benefits of using them. I also drink Holy Basil tea once a day and have done this for nearly six months now. I know I cant dwell on things I feel I have done right or wrong although its been on my mind. Only God knows why I have this cancer and something great will come from it.

On a side note, weening Charlie hasn’t happened yet. I have been trying and Lenny has taken the role of putting her to bed without breast feeding. However, she just is able to get herself in certain situations where I resort to feeding her. Its been harder for sure this third time around. It probably didn’t help when the Doctor told me even if I stopped the next day after seeing her that the tests (being done tomorrow) would still be hard to read because it takes a full six to eight months for the milk to dry up completely to get a clear read. Therefore, a part of me is dragging it out only for Charlie’s benefit since she has no desire to stop anytime soon, but stopping cold turkey right before surgery isn’t ideal either.


Comments (6)

  • Praying for you tomorrow friend!! I’m off tomorrow so if you need any help pls call me.
    I had a friend put band aids on her breats and tell the toddler she couldn’t do it anymore cuz mama had owies and hand him a sippy cup w water each time and it worked! Go figure 🙂 love ya!

    • Thanks Stephanie! Great Idea. Im not sure how much she understands that band aids are for owies. So far its just her and I today and she keeps trying but Im resorting to a sippy cup of milk and one of peach mango juice (her first time having juice). Its almost nap time and she is doing ok once we get past the fits. 🙂 Thanks for your support and ideas!

  • We are always here to help with the kids….. You are amazing and we are praying for you and your family every night!

    • Thanks so much Tracey!

  • Tara
    We are thinking of you and wondering how yesterday went. No matter what, we know you can do it! We are here for you.

    • Thanks Janet!

Comments are closed.